Common Core Resources
Information for this page compiled by M. Sanders - NWAESC and the NW ERZ office.
Arkansas Department of Education Websites for Dissemination of CCSS Information:
- http://goo.gl/Gdhyzw New Common Core State Standards (CCSS) section of website. Launched February 12, 2014.
- https://ideas.aetn.org/commoncore This website records all Common Core State Standards Institutes for school/district use following the telecast. Handouts, etc. are also posted on this site.
- http://ideas.aetn.org/commoncore/strategic-plan This site is embedded in the above website. If using the above link, look for a tab that says "Strategic Plan". Using this link, however, takes the user directly into the Strategic Plan. Contains seven components, responsibilities outlined, timeline, analysis tools, sample assessment plans, and a guide for PD planning along with the big shifts in math and literacy.
- http://www.ccsso.org/Documents/Common_Core_Resources_May%202013_Final.pdf The Council of Chief State School Officers developed a Common Core Standards Communications Toolbox that provides superintendents, principals, teachers and other community leaders with the tools to communicate to families and community members about the standards.
- http://www.arkansased.org/divisions/learning-services Learning services is divided into seventeen units, whose mission is to support Arkansas schools by providing training and education to teachers and administrators, monitoring the progress of the learning environment and giving feedback on this progress.
- http://www.arkansased.org/public/userfiles/Learning_Services/CCSS/newsletters/AAIMS_25446_Educators_Newsletter_05_14.pdf Vol. 1, No. 2, May, 2014 newsletter for educators.
Common Core Resources:
- http://www.ascd.org/ASCD/pdf/siteASCD/publications/policypoints/PolicyPoints_Common_Core_State_Standards.pdf Myths and Facts about the Common Core State Standards (lots of links!)
- http://www.corestandards.org/the-standards (MATH and LITERACY) PDF files of the CCSS - including the appendices
- http://www.oncoursesystems.com/school/webpage/460869 (MATH and LITERACY) Teresa Chance's website (lots of links!)
Math and Literacy Testing Resources:
- Learnng Services Newsletters on Assessment, Curriculum, and Professional Development
Up-to-date information on assessment, curriculum, and professional development for Arkansas educators.
- http://parcconline.org/ (MATH and LITERACY) - Assessment consortium
- achieve.org (MATH and LITERACY) This independent, bipartisan, non-profit education reform organization based in Washington, D.C. helps states raise academic standards and graduation requirements, improve assessments and strengthen accountability.
Resources for CCSS:
- http://www.achievethecore.org/ Website full of free content designed to help educators understand and implement the CCSS. It includes practical tools.
- http://www.corestandards.org/assets/Publishers_Criteria_for_3-12.pdf Criteria designed to guide publishers and curriculum developers as they work to ensure alignment with the standards in ELA and content areas.
- http://tinyurl.com/mzmhd3p Student writing samples (K-12).
- educore.ascd.org: A variety of information about the Common Core State Standards Iniative, as well as programs, products, and services to meet your needs.
- http://learnzillion.com/lessons Includes a Common Core Navigator with grade level categories.
- http://commoncoretools.wordpress.com/ (MATH) News about tools that are being developed to support implementation of the Common Core State Standards
- http://ime.math.arizona.edu/commoncore/ (MATH) Institute for Mathematics and Education (IM & A) at University of Arizona - projects related to the Common Core
- http://commoncoretools.wordpress.com/2011/07/06/examples-of-structure-in-the-content-standards/ (Math) Examples of Structure in the Common Core State Standards' Standards for Mathematical Content
- http://commoncoretools.wordpress.com/ (MATH) Scroll down to Curriculum Analysis Tool and click on "Final Product" - provides analysis sheets to help school districts look at curriculum materials and decide how well they reflect the standards
- http://illustrativemathematics.org/ (MATH) Click on K-8 Content Standards with illustrations. This is a work in progress - keep checking with it, because they keep adding to it.
- http://www.ode.state.oh.us/GD/Templates/Pages/ODE/ODEDetail.aspx?page=3&TopicRelation ID=1704&ContentID=83475&Content=114571 Ohio Dept. of Education
- http://ime.math.arizona.edu/progressions/ (MATH) scroll down to "products" - Breaks down what each standard means in terms of teaching/learning
- http://engageny.org/ (MATH and LITERACY) - Invaluable resources for both math and literacy
http://www.cgcs.org/Page/328 Common Core roadmaps for parents