The Shiloh Museum of Ozark History in Springdale serves the public by providing resources for finding meaning, enjoyment and inspiration in the exploration of the Arkansas Ozarks. For more information on school, teacher and community programs as well as a calendar of events, see the museum Web site.
The Jones Center for Families in Springdale has a variety of educational classes and programs that parents and students may find useful. For more information, see The Jones Center Web site.
The Center for Mathematics and Science Education has up-to-date information and programs for K-12 students. For more information, visit the CMASE Web site.
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Education Division is responsible for the variety of educational programs offered by the commission. Some of these programs include Hunter Education, Boater Education, Becoming an Outdoors Woman, Project Wild and Hooked on Fishing-Not on Drugs. For more information, see the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Web site.
Helpful Links for Parents and Students
- Arkansas Department of Education Parents Web site
- Arkansas Department of Education Common Core Newsletter
- Parents for Public Schools
- U.S. Department of Education Parents Web site
- American Library Association Recommended Reading List
- National Education Association Parents Web site
- 101 Ways to Praise a Child
- Scholarship America
- ACT Parents
- PTA: PTA Parent Resources
- PTA: Common Core State Standards
- Teacher/Pathfinder: Parenting Resources
- The Center for Health and Health Care in Schools: Parents' Resource Center
- International Reading Association
- Center for Effective Parenting
- Parents Magazine
- Khan Academy
- Grading NW Arkansas: The 2014 Northwest Arkansas Report Card