Education Renewal Zone
Mission Statement/Vision of the Education Renewal Zone Partnership Office
The University of Arkansas, the Northwest Arkansas Education Service Cooperative, as well as the partner schools, their students, parents, and communities work together to provide and implement customized strategies, effective tools, and authentic partnerships to improve overall public school performance and student academic achievement.
- Develop a comprehensive program of professional development for pre-service and in-service teachers.
- Develop P-16 curriculum that is rigorous, intentionally aligned, and reflects the needs of the stakeholders.
- Develop a mentoring program for partner school students, pre-service teachers, and in-service teachers.
- Develop staffing, assisting schools in creating and implementing plans to recruit and retain highly qualified teachers.
- Support partner schools as they strive for parental and community involvement in the academic work of students.
- Enhancing leadership through an advisory group consisting of Institutes of Higher Education, partner schools including parents and community members, and Educational Service Cooperatives.